Sticky Honey Soy Wings
Nothing beats Sticky Honey Soy Chicken Wings as a light meal or snack. Bella Bees Forest or Eucalyptus Honey makes these a treat, served with a salad of Rocket, Avocado and Pomegranate.
Servings: 4 People
- Baking Tray
- 1 kg Chicken Wings
- 1 Finely diced Shallot
- 1 cm Finely grated Fresh Ginger
- 5 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Finely diced Red Chilli More or less to taste
- 3 tbsp Dark Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Bella Bees Eucalyptus or Forest Honey
- ½ tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds for garnish
- 1 Fresh Lime
- 1 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Finely chopped Shallots for garnish
- 1 Rocket Lettuce Usually a bag from Supermarket will do.
- 1 Avocado Peeled, pitted and chopped.
- ½ Pomegranate flesh More or less depending on your taste.
Marinate the Chicken Wings
- Prepare the Chicken wings in a bowl or large zip lock bags, 6 to 8 maximum.
- Combine all the ingredients of the Marinate together and then pour over the Chicken wings.
- Allow to marinate for a minimum of one hour. The longer you marinate the Chicken wings for the better the end result will be.
Cooking the Chicken Wings
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the Chicken Wings on a Baking Tray so they are not touching.
- Brush with marinate so they are evenly coated and place into the oven.
- Approximately every 5 minutes, quickly turn the chicken to prevent the sauce from burning and to get and even dark coating on wings.
- The wings should take approximately 40-45 minutes to cook all the way through.
- Once cooked remove to a serving platter and garnish with chopped Chilli and Sesame Seeds.
Salad & Dressing
- Prepare the Rocket leaves, Avocado and Pomegranate into a Salad bowl.
- In a small container or bottle mix all the Salad dressing ingredients and stir or shake vigorously to combine well.
- Pour over the salad or leave to the side as you prefer.