Roasted on sprigs of aromatic Rosemary these succulent Honey Grilled Pears take centre stage in a unique explosion of sweet and smoky flavour. A great sweet dish for a BBQ, a starter or as an accompaniment for a Pork dish, in place of Apple.
Honey Grilled Pears
Roasted on sprigs of aromatic Rosemary these succulent grilled Pears take centre stage in a unique explosion of sweet and smoky flavour. A great sweet dish for a BBQ, a starter or as an accompaniment for a Pork dish, in place of Apple.
Servings: 6 Serves
- 2 Large Pears, cored and wedged Skin on or off. Your choice.
- 12 Rosemary stems or wooden skewers
- ⅓ cup Bella Bees Honey Wildflower or Forest is our favourite for this dish
- ¼ cup Spanish Manchego Cheese or any hard mature cheese will work
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper Lemon Pepper works well too
- Clean and cut Pears into quarters. Remove Seeds and core.
- Preheat grill to medium-high or if using BBQ wait until meat has finished cooking and the coals are cooling down.
- If using rosemary stems instead of skewers, pull leaves from the top of each stem.
- Skewer pears and place onto foil covered tray. Drizzle with half of honey.
- Grill until Pears are tender and golden around the edges. If using the BBQ place on the grill or leave on the tray and close the lid, usually for about 10 mins.
- Once cooked, when the Pears are soft transfer grilled pears to a serving platter.
- Immediately drizzle with remaining honey and sprinkle with cheese. Add Salt and pepper lightly, if desired.